Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Faithful Bass Pro Shop Hat

       It was about 3pm when we arrived on the lake[Camden Side of Lake Wateree, SC]. My Grandfather and I went scouting for a good cove to drop the trolling motor in and start doing some damage. We started working the first cove down from Clear Water Cove landing. He had the ole Bright Green Lizard[Texas Rigged] on and I had a Heddon Tiny Torpedo[Frog Color Scheme] tied on. We start casting on structure around docks and buoys, and bream was tearing up our lures. Soon as the tiny torpedo would hit the water, there would be instant splashing around the lure. It was funny watching my grandpa work the lure around the docks, because when a baby bream would bite the tail of his lizard he would get surprised and  try to rear back on it and set the hook like Kevin Vandam with a 8lbr. The reason why I thought it was funny.... He had a mouthful of sunflower seeds in his mouth and everytime he would get a bite and not snag one he would say..."WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT. THAT WAS A BREAM BITE!" on every word 10-15 sunflower seeds would shoot out of his mouth.


      You would have to pull a matrix move so you wouldn't get sunflower buckshotted in the face.

    Well we kept on moving around the cove and trying to skip our lures under docks and trying to at least catch something![At this time my grandfather and I didn't catch a fish in like 3 weeks, so we were really wanting to go home with something in the live well] We start heading towards the 2nd cove from the landing and kept up with our tactic of fishing around the docks. When we got halfway around the cove I saw a HUGE 5lb Bass swimming up by the boat! I said, "PAPA, LO.. LO. LOOOK AT THAT!"[My sunflower seeds were just shooting out like a m16 Assault Rifle]. The Bass swims out of sight for a instance and swims back up to the surface! My grandpa[Sitting on the back of the boat]jumps out of his seat trying to get the fish net. So happens the Fish net was stuck all around 3 rod-n-reels. Then the Bass Disappears


     So I was like DANGIT. We could have definitely got that fish! as soon as the words came out of my mouth, the Big Bubba Bass pops up!

**SLOW MOTION**

My Grandpa jumps for the net AGAIN!

FAILS AT UNHOOKING IT FROM THE RODS.


Pause ||

As a Good Ole Country Bass Fisherman, What could I have done? I'm standing on front of the boat. I couldn't get the net. I couldn't snag him with a treble hook. I did what a True Country boy would do.

I REACHED TO MY HEAD.
TOOK MY BASS PRO SHOP HAT OFF.
AND SCOOPED THIS BAD BOY UP IN THE BOAT.
I'm a true fisherman.


1 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More